Club Mulgoa

Monday, March 21, 2011

Price of producing food

Corn is up 77%, wheat 43%, potash 20% and phosphate 50% - in the last year.

People need to be fed. And people from nations which are becoming wealthier can afford to be fed. Uralkali has bumped up its potash price to India, China and Brazil (with nearly 3 billion mouths to be fed).

All these information from RB in Pure Speculation.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/mining-energy/japans-nuclear-fallout-hits-promising-producers/story-e6frg9ex-1226024978078

GMM has now gone up by >40%, MNB >30% (last top up has fallen in price though), ELM >500% and MAK >35%. I have just applied for 2 lots of PWN too, spun off by IMA. The closing date for priority application was very early. If I had relied on the paper prospectus from WA, I would have missed it. Luckily I submitted early using forms from electronic prospectus. I won't get all I ask for as there aren't a lot of shares to go around but at least there will be a decent parcel for all.

For those who missed out on PWN, you should consider IMA, the parent company. This stock is like the perpetual student collecting degrees. IMA keeps collecting tenements and announcing good drilling results and making money from spin 0ffs but it has failed to PRODUCE the minerals. Look at its chart to see how its share price has been under-performing. For me, it is a long term holding. And I love value for money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home