Club Mulgoa

Friday, May 20, 2011

Alpha

It is not as critical whether market goes up or down. What is important is whether your own portfolio performs better than average. One portfolio went up by 1.5%, one was down by 0.15% and another at near 0% . Hence I collected alpha today.

CEL with phosphate in Tunisia is obvious desired by someone in the guise of CBA. VLA is erratic but up. TRH and PRE have decided to do well today with no announcements. IPR had a court victory. And PIROA decided to go up another notch. Of course, there were quite a few downs as well. Worse was KGL. Market does not like uncertainties but local politic is delaying progress.

I can no longer tell which way the market is going to move but I am not investing big time until my cash re-accumulates. There have been some top-ups. I love buying when the share prices have dipped very low.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home