Club Mulgoa

Monday, August 22, 2011

SXY

With such a sexy abbreviation, it is not surprising that SeXY is doing so well. This is a stock I first bought in 2007 and continued to top up till 2009. In a down market, it has currently given me about 150% profit.

My brother brought it to my attention and noted I have never discussed this stock. It used to be VPE. I bought only a tiny parcel to qualify for the cheaper SPP in late 2007. In fact, I bought 2 parcels under 2 entities. One has been sold to realize a fast buck after the SPP. The other parcel, I kept and topped up, regrettably only once more. When a stock keeps rising, I keep thinking I have missed the boat but more boats keep arriving! So I wasn't hiding it. This also applied to EXT. Anyway, most of my readers (if any) hardly ever buy stocks that I posted in my blog. So far, my information is free.

Like a lot of gas explorers, if hydrocarbons are discovered, the value flies. But a lot of them have potential to be huge companies based on geology, limited drilling and seismic studies. Even the USA government is aware of the phenomenal quantity of shale gas expected to be discovered in Australia. Yet, a lot of these stocks, like the early US shale gas companies, are worth only a few cents. Read this, BHP paid USD12 billion to buy a shale gas company in the USA; takeover just completed. BOW will be taken over by PetroChina and Shell; I am onto positive territory now with it. Australia is going cheaply and BHP is buying expensively in the USA. Yet, Aussies are mostly indifferent to their own shale gas potential in their own backyard... where there is no farmers. And Bob Brown hasn't landed there yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home