Club Mulgoa

Tuesday, December 06, 2011

AVB

http://www.goldoz.com.au/fileadmin/goldoz/Free_Downloads/Special_GoldOz_Education_mini_report_AVB.pdf

Sometimes, I wonder why some people do free research work. I have made money out of AVB.... and I expect to make a lot more! When this stock was highlighted by me a long time, there was not much interest from most. The share price has gone up and come down again but is on the way up again with more recent good drilling results. This stock has the backing of Vale :-)

Just a little reminder to anyone reading this note. When a big company like BHP, Vale, Rio, Shell, Exxon, Apache, Chevron, BP, BG, Tullows, etc, takes an interest in your little stock, it has already analyzed the exploration details and given it a tick. It has done the main homework for you. Nothing is absolute but it is a big confidence boost.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shakeyone said...

Just like TAS!
Too many to choose from for the small fry on a tight super budget!
Hate having to be so selective.
Add to the list of unpaid researchers - TT, and to nominally paid researchers RB (the price of The Australian on a monday) and DH (for a small annual subscription).
Maybe the problem is not selling to move on to the next big thing although my paid accountant would curse and charge more - especially as I avoid his favourite Macquarie St broker who mixes up good with obviously compromised suggestions.

3:48 AM  
Blogger Club Mulgoa said...

When the drilling result is positive in South Australia, TAS will go ballistic.

DH is not doing that well at the moment... like me. I only select those in my portfolios that I know will do well when I post them. You will notice that those stocks are posted repeatedly in my blog because I keep topping them up.

There are some stocks that perform badly,mostly because the market does not want them or are ignorant.

At the moment, it would be crazy for doctors not to contribute the maximum to their super. And with their spouses, they are allowed $100,000 a year per couple. Cut your children's allowances! After all, this nest egg will be theirs, too.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home