Club Mulgoa

Friday, December 09, 2011

EXT

This stock is subject to a takeover by a Chinese company. My EXT has gone up by more than 7x in value. I first bought in 2006. I have not bought anymore because the share price kept going up and up. And then it plateaued for a long time. I did a small top-up at $7.75 in 2009 due to my entitlement rights.

I think RIO will come into play because its Namibian Rossing mine is being depleted of uranium ore for processing and EXT's Husab deposit is only nearby. RIO also holds a big chunk of EXT. The plant to process uranium takes a long time to built and are very expensive. So RIO is actually in the box seat.

Once again, Chinese companies need to learn how the rest of the world perform a takeover. It is pussyfooting again but offering a bare premium to prior market price. The only good thing is whenever a Chinese firm takes a interest, the world suddenly wakes up to realize how cheap some mining stocks are. And we are talking about those with Tier One quality/quantity like EXT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home