Club Mulgoa

Friday, January 27, 2012

Chinese from China - the ones with cash in hand

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/mining-energy/chinese-likely-to-buy-25pc-of-browse-lng-project-from-woodside/story-e6frg9df-1226255759966


Before long, everything in Australia could be owned by China. Once upon a time, it was the Yankees, then the Japanese and for a while Singaporeans. I am glad that at least the Chinese can see values where Aussies can't. Luckily I bought WPL a long time ago so I can still taste profitability.

I am not paranoid about Chinese businesses investing in Australia. Profitability is good for everyone, provided taxes are paid, jobs are created and there is long term planning out of that wealth. My only concern is that Australian governments are only capable of short-term thinking, specifically, no longer than 3 years. What a bunch of overpaid mediocrity!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home