Club Mulgoa

Monday, January 23, 2012

EXT

I have hardly harped on this stock. Yet it is one of my best performers (over 650% rise since 2006, including the expensive entitlement in 2009). I only highlight a stock if you can buy into it. I have hardly topped up because it has been rising ever since I bought it. And for the last 2 years, it have stagnated. There was an entitlement at $7.75 in Oct 2009.

Most of my profit is due to the only tranche I bought on the market. It was already known at that time when I first bought that there is a lot of uranium where EXT had been digging. And as more and more are discovered, the share price kept going up and up. I didn't find it cheap like before. So I never topped up (except for that hardly profitable entitlement) but I should have!

The Chinese have been swarming around this stock in the last year but I suspect RIO will step in at the last minute and snatch this stock from under their nose. RIO has a uranium processing facility (very expensive and it takes a long time to get it into production) only a short distance from EXT's tenements. The amount of uranium in the ground at Rossing is diminishing. So if you follow logic, RIO which already owns more than 20% of EXT is the one who can pay the highest price.

My wife will be happy, too. This is in her portfolio that I manage...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home