Club Mulgoa

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Capital gains

Up till June 2011, I expected my portfolios to do badly. But my 'accountant' just told me that I have capital gains tax to pay! One of my biggest gains is AND. I bought it for a song when few were interested in it. And it continued to produce more good announcements. It got taken over by a Canadian miner.

And then there is AGO taking over my best investment, i.e. GIR. Because my portfolio became top heavy with AGO, I sold some AGO at between $3.34 to $3.70. Maybe it is time to buy back some of these AGO shares as it is below $2.90 now. However, it is now a mature stock with little prospect for doubling in the near term.

BHP had a share buy-back and generated a lot of capital loss for me :-)

So, I should pat myself on the back. Paying tax on capital gain means I have performed well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home