Club Mulgoa

Monday, March 19, 2012

EWC

It has such a great business strategy in Indonesia. Own the coal mines, build a generator, and sell the electricity; everything is done locally. Yet, for years, it failed to make paper profit for me. In 2007, I made my first purchase at 87c and that parcel is still at a loss. In 2008, placement was for $1.20 in May; but I was not a privileged shareholder/investor. I topped up in July 2008 for 87.5c; still at a loss, too.

In 2009, after considering its great business strategy, I reluctantly topped up at 46c. Because the share price has fallen by nearly half, I was able to buy a bigger parcel to bring my average price down significantly.

After more than 5 years, the business model is starting to be recognized and the share price is moving as it should. I am glad that it has shifted into the green zone for me at a net 19% profit. Considering inflation and loss of interest earned, it is in reality, a loss. However, unless the Indonesia government changes the rules of investment, this should be the start of good performance. Inshallah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home