Club Mulgoa

Monday, October 29, 2012

Alphas

Most of today, my portfolio didn't carry much alpha.  But by the end of the day, I was doing better than average!

One reason why is the huge jump in AXE into positive territory for me.  Also, when stocks which I bought cheaply, and therefore collected many shares in them, rise a bit, the effect on valuation is very profound.  These include ABV, AVB and CTP.  But on the same note, JRV dropped and caused a big negativity!

One other interesting stock is VLA.  I am slowly moving into neutral gear.  If another great report comes out of its trial, then this stock should start to fly as it moves towards production.  So far, the results have been excellent and you wonder why the news isn't broadcast on the local TV channels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home