Club Mulgoa

Saturday, February 02, 2013

Banks

In the last few years, I have sold off NAB.  It had provided me with great disappointment.  Each CEOs failed to improve on the bank profitability and its investment in the UK continued to be a drain on its balance sheet.

The other 3 continue to provide me with me with good capital gains, especially in recent months, and reliable dividends.  My best decision was to accumulate WBC due to its great CEO.  It is virtually the only bank where I have increased my holding.  Gail Kelly is worth fantasizing every night.

However, with the recent acceleration in their PE ratios and funds switching their holdings in resources to big dividend yielders, I cannot pump any meager cash that I have now into any of the banks.  What I am proud to announce is that my recent investments in KAR and JIN have leaped higher than the market average.  The last lot of PVD was initially a disappointment but it is starting to move again.

One adage in investment that I follow is to buy when markets ignore good announcements... and hold even when the share price falls further.  Pity my cash situation is low.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home