Club Mulgoa

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Nothing in Central Australia

It appears like there is nothing in Central Australia except for one big lump of monolith and a dry Todd River used annually for a regatta.

Yet, if you read The Australian today, after spending $70 billion on 3 LNG projects at Gladstone, those 3 consortiums are scouring around Cooper Basin (and others in Central Australia) for more gas to run their plants at full capacity.

Normally, it is insider information but here we have the CEO of DLS telling the public that he can smell the interest building in his successful company.  Both DLS and BPT have better success rate so their share prices have appreciated.  But there are many in that area that are laggards, too.

I acquired DLS indirectly when it took over AQO and I made a small profit.  I took note when the editor recommended AQO so I topped up my holding when the share price went below what I paid for at float.

I also bought SXY when it was VPE.  I took stag profit for one VPE parcel and could have topped up when it dipped lower but I am happy with what I still own.

COE is doing fine but not spectacular.

There are others where I have made losses too and these are the ones that I am more interested in as they have not scored while their tenements are promising.  CTP is now underwater but if it finds a good hit, then it will explode in price.  Meanwhile, stocks like ICN, BKP and EWC, (OBL and BRU in Canning Basin, BUL in Qld and AWE and NWE in Canning Basin) I just have to be watchful.  Already, one was swallowed by a Chinese suitor recently.  I made a small loss but it was small only because I topped up when I read of Chinese interest. That top-up parcel was a nice gainer reducing my loss significantly.  Should I have bought more?  Inshallah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home