Club Mulgoa

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Stocks with great dividends

How does one resist these stocks?

When banks tumble for a few days, I often step in for a mini top up.  This also applies to SYD.

Because Chinese tourists are still coming, SYD will be making a nice profit so with the recent stumble, I topped up our holding in it.

At the moment, the dividends from banks still beat interest payments from cash deposits, especially with dividend imputation and capital gain benefits from share price appreciation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Club Mulgoa said...

Whenever the banks tumble over a few days, it often is worthwhile time to dip in. The banks fell yesterday, and fell again today. Tomorrow, I hope there will be another fall to flush out those investors sell when the price is falling.

The last time it fell badly, I bought WBC and it has gone up by almost 10%.

According to a Lincoln survey, I am a "Master Investor" but the test is so easy that I suspect it is to obtain my email address. Hence, I know I am a Fake master investor where the only capital letter if "F".

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home