Club Mulgoa

Thursday, August 04, 2016

Irrational Fear

When the referendum on Brexit was taking place, when it looked like it will be rejected, the share price went up but as post-voting polling started to show Brexit is clearly the case, the share markets around the world went plunging down out of fear.

This fear was irrational.  Suddenly the next day, the world is not going to freeze because of the Brits' choice.  I took the risk but because I was working and because I have to conserve cash now as I am getting old, I only bought small parcels of bank shares.  It only took a day for those fund managers (well paid bastards) to realize that the selling was stupid.

Those bank shares have appreciated nicely since I topped up, far more than the interest they pay over a year.  When bank shares plunge over multiple sessions, they are almost always worth topping up.  Irrational fear is my friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home