Club Mulgoa

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

WTC, IRI, TNE, HUB and NWL

I was flabbergasted that WTC is a AUD$3 billion dollar company and most people have never heard of it.  And that included me.

It is becoming very hard to choose which stocks to invest in as disruptors and modern technology are moving into the investment scene.  While Warren Buffett advised not to buy anything you don't understand, it is really quite difficult as most people don't have expensive advisors.

I took a plunge and invested in a few software companies recently.  They have not been disastrous and most have been performing okay.  These include WTC, IRI, TNE, HUB and NWL.  I follow one of my father's words of wisdom....  Buy those that are profitable!  But so far dividends are illusive even though their profits have been rising.  And there are quite a few complimentary reports on these stocks in the media.

Old favourites like banks, the ASX, retailers (including WES) and SYD (another airport is being built by the government), may not be as lucrative in the near future.  The question is when do you get out of them?  And who else do you invest in when they tumble down?

1 Comments:

Blogger Club Mulgoa said...

Whenever the share price falls from a previous day with no reason why, it is temptation for me to buy.

So after checking with my financial controller, I was allowed to do small top-ups of WTC and TNE. Nice to know the 'fall' has gone up a little. I rarely get to buy at the trough. I am happy with what I paid for and I have been very active buying software stocks.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home