Club Mulgoa

Saturday, May 23, 2020

ASX All Ords performance over last 3 months

Covid 19 pandemic took a big chunk off the value of ASX All Ords. From 7230 peak (21/2/20) to 4562 (23/3/20) over a month. That is a nearly 40% plunge. Even gold fell but I suspect it was sold off mostly to make up for 'shortfalls'; currently rising towards its all time peak.

From its recent trough, it has gone to 5608 (22/5/20), a rise of ~22% from its trough. Our trough would be lower as we invested in mainly non-blue chips. I am delighted that our portfolio has almost returned to its peak. And so I suspect, we have returned higher than 40%, with much to thank Dr Mohammad Choucair. AXE had gone from 13c on 23/3/20 to 54c on 22/5/20; I piled in at 13c with its SPP. And of course, our gold producers (B2G at TSE, EVN, GOR and NST) has over-performed in spite of production fall due to lockdowns. There will be a relapse in the number of Covid 19 cases but hopefully the containment will be more prompt the second time around.

1 Comments:

Blogger Club Mulgoa said...

According to AFR, the market has risen from the trough of 23/3/2020 by 30%.

But if you had bought the right shares on that day, it would have risen a lot more! Some have jumped by more than 400% or more.

Unfortunately, when APT was tumbling badly and it looked like shopping will be curtailed, I got rid of APT (re-bought some since). However, I topped up on PBH and EOS and they have climbed although I didn't buy at their trough.

Management at Magellan Financial Group are claiming performance fees for alpha, something like $47M for the 2% alpha. So if market is down 10% and their funds is down 8%, they can still collect performance fee. There is of course no penalty if their funds underperform.

I am hoping by 30th June, I can collect more alpha than the Magellan mob. They don't invest in gold. I did and I even topped up when it was lower than current.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home