Club Mulgoa

Saturday, November 20, 2010

MMR

http://www.adventenergy.com.au/Business%20Excellence%20Magazine%20Corporate%20Brochure.pdf

When you read the hype, it is so difficult to disbelieve it. And if what it estimates, turns out to be true, based on 'expert opinion' by 2 firms, then this company is worth over 1 billion AUD... or a lot more.

Is it too late to invest in it? Of course, it is late because I have been harping on this company since the Stone Age. Because I bought when it was 5.8c with lots of free options thrown in when no one wanted this company, I am onto a huge profit with it. When it rose so much, I daren't recommend it forcefully. Most people don't have guts for 'funny' companies and frown at me when they lose... especially spouses. I even topped it up recently in early Oct 2010 at 50c a share. Brave and stupid? :-) $1.08 on Friday with an 18c leap and a smaller leap to 90c on Thursday. Intuition told me not to sell a parcel on Wednesday.

Whatever price I have sold in the past, the current price is higher! I nearly sold some last week, but I pull them out. I have already recouped all my capital cost for this company so even if it bankrupts... I am back to square one.

Whether it is "too late", I don't know but if you look at the hype, and you put $2000 into it to enjoy the ride, then it could be worth 10x more. But if the drilling turns out nothing, that money you sink in, will also disappear into that big hole! The drilling costs around $20 million. At 1000% profit, anyone who profited will need to take me and my wife to Quay to eat the Snow Egg. Of all my companies at the moment, this one takes the prize for impending 'excitement'. Approval has been granted for the first hole to be drilled and the rig has been contracted. Bob Brown is not happy....

If it hits gas in sizeable quantity, I am going to have Paris Mash at Guillaime AND Snow Egg at Quay AND Belly Pork at Takeyama again (I will take a week off to eat! Easy Come, Easy Go), and Cilla might get her Paspaley...

Anyone going for a ride? Or small ride? Anyone reading this note, please leave a comment. Then I know that you can't say you didn't see it coming.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shakeyone said...

All hail the guru.
Was too scared to dip my toe into this volatile one esp as you were talking about it right when I started dabbling. Wouldn't have the same problem now. Wish the circumstances were the same but share price now 10-20 x what it was then. Is it worth a punt now? To quote the great one - inshallah! Will Bob Brown have his way from next July? Who knows.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home