Club Mulgoa

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Ten bagger

A ten bagger is anything that has gone up by 10 times. I thought I only had 1 but...
... I also have companies/investments that have disappeared from the face of the earth.

Sometimes it goes up very high and then gets pricked. Or sometimes, it cannot sustain that valuation and move down a little. But if it keeps going up and up, do you sell? And not all the parcels within one company go > 10x because I do top-up at higher prices.

Well, every time I sell MMR, I make a beautiful profit and then a short while later, the share price goes much over my selling price. This one is closer to a 20 bagger.

AVB went up and up but has settled at 5-7 times.
GTE has..
SIH has...

Why some go up >10x and others don't? If I have the answer, I would flying in my own private jet. Or rather my wife will be...

I had a company CMR which went nearly bankrupt. The chairman wants it to be bankrupt so that he and a hedge fund can buy it cheaply. Yet the inground mineral is worth > 1 billion AUD. There are some ruthless businessmen out there. If the bastard gets his hand on the company, he is onto a 10 bagger or 20 or 30, at the expense of existing shareholders. Luckily, there are some very principled and determined shareholders, who at their own expense, have managed to stave off the grubby hands of the chairman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home