Club Mulgoa

Saturday, November 27, 2010

TPT

Whenever I read an oil explorer's presentation, you think, this is going to be big. But there are so many of these promising companies. They are relatively cheap to buy but they could come to nothing. Possibility of billion barrels of oil is just a statistical estimate. However, if you put in a small amount and not expect much, then the loss is never as painful!

Well, I put in a small amount for MMR and it has NOT even discovered gas yet and its share price has already gone over $1!

Note the big gap between buy and sell prices. That means there are few shares traded so you could also end up paying a lot but selling cheaply if there is a forced sale.... unless it hits gas or oil. Since I got rid of staid WOW and QBE, I might as well have a go at this company but I am not paying 27c for it! Monday will be a down day so there will be opportunities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home