Club Mulgoa

Saturday, December 18, 2010

GIR

This has got to be one of the best managed resource companies. I made a quick cash profit from ZNC IPO which GIR spun it off in 2007. And now, I am making 300% paper gain from CAP, another spin-off from GIR in late 2007.

But you need to be a sizeable holder of GIR before you get priority allocation of shares from companies spun off by GIR. Well, I bought and topped up GIR when no one was keen on it. And this is THE company that I have been harping since Stone Age. Yet no one bought when I first bought into it. And I don't know if anyone bought CAP.

I also made sure my wife is also a sizeable GIR shareholder so that she is 'prioritized' to buy shares. My super fund and Cilla are owners of GIR and CAP. GIR still have lots of unexplored tenements. In fact, it is one of the biggest holder of tenements in Australia. They were collected on the cheap because the management has been... clever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home