Club Mulgoa

Saturday, January 15, 2011

GIR

I love cash in hand. There are 2 alternatives regarding AGO takeover of GIR. But then AGO has been rising in value since the offer was made. So at the moment, it is better value to take 1.5 AGO shares for each GIR, than the part cash alternative. You can sell the AGO shares yourself later.

My average buy price is 60c for each GIR shares so I am a happy lad and on another parcel, it was 74c. My last 2 top ups were during the Greek crisis in May and June 2010.

So goodbye GIR and now AGO which is an excellent company, too. It has been increasing by 50% p.a. over 5 years! I intend to keep my AGO shares. If AGO spins off some assets that it acquired via GIR, then I will still participate.

Watch where the GIR directors go.... and buy the shares of the company they form. These are good caring directors who help investors to make money, with honesty, patience and diligence.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shakeyone said...

Thankyou Terry.
Finally bought GIR at 2.30 in August. Very nice upward trend til the lovely takeover bid has me more than doubled up. Will also probably hang on to AGO shares. The coffee's on me!

9:14 PM  
Blogger Club Mulgoa said...

It took even longer for some others to buy GIR; they were told in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009.

You should look at the Mongolian stocks I bought in Aug to Oct 2010! Only GMM is down but for how long?

One day soon, AGO will also be taken over.... I hope!

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home