Club Mulgoa

Monday, January 03, 2011

Tipsters in The Australian

When fund managers were asked to tip stocks for the year 2010, many chose BHP, RIO and the four banks for safety. You are AVERAGE and won't look too bad nor too good.

And the winner was the one who tipped Brockman Resources in his portfolio

What would I have tipped for 2010? Definitely GIR, one West African, GTE, CDU, a PNG stock, a South American stock, a Indonesia stock and a potash stock AFTER BHP made its move. In the end CDU wasn't quite a disaster.

The only thing I am sure about what I would have tipped is that it won't include any top 200 (although GIR and CDU eventually tipped into it). Nor for 2011.

Because GMM is crumbling for no good reasons, this is my tip for the year. And then there is BSR, again crumbling for no good reasons. For the biggest flutter, you would go for DEG. All these stocks are losses for me, with DEG the oldest resource history for small miners in my portfolios and also the biggest loss. With DEG going into Argentina, if it hits gold, then it will be a company maker... and taken over. I need to recoup my losses and I need to average down my buy price. Certainly do not touch DEG if your partner or yourself cannot hack the extremely high risk. With DEG, your capital could vanish but it could be an AND, too.

No more news for AVB so it has stabilized at 12-14c range. If further exploration reveals more goodies at high grade, then this one will be exploding. But again, if there is only mediocre grades and thin veneers, then kiss it goodbye! Inshallah!

Last advice is don't listen to me! I don't want to listen to losses or get into trouble with your spouse, and I have nothing to gain from your profits! Best to buy The Australian and read RB yourself but he was not included in the list of tipsters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home