Club Mulgoa

Saturday, February 05, 2011

AFR

AFR has great prospect. Coal is needed by India and China. But the big problems it faces are distance from those big markets and South Africa does not want to import electricity from its neighbour. AVA has virtually abandoned its coal fields in Botswana and gone to Kenya... to make more money for me there.

AFR had a recent spike because of D&D tipster. But he didn't say that the existing railway line is only good for transporting a few Africans, not bulk commodity and the port is too small to handle it. By the time the Indians or African governments have constructed a good railway line to move bulky and heavy commodities, it will be many years down the line.

These facts were mentioned at a Proactive presentation that I attended last year. I bought some shares because more coal discoveries were going to be announced. It went up significantly after those announcements and then sprang up after D&D boosted it.

I sold my AFR last week as I don't expect more dramatic leaps unless an Indian company takes it over or another huge find is announced. Any profit above inflation/bank interest is sweet. And if it falls a lot later, I may buy it back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home