Club Mulgoa

Saturday, August 25, 2012

BDR

In March 2012, its share price went down to a trough.  When a stock keeps announcing good news..... ????? the share price keeps plunging (especially when the POG is within a USD$1500 to USD$1700 per oz band with the AUD relatively stable too).  What kind of logic is that other than having lots of idiots on its share holder registry?  I was happy to relieve those idiots of their misery.  I bought at 67c.  And then I was made to feel like an idiotic buyer!

The share price continued to fall.  In May 2012, it announced that gold production could start in August 2012.  When it got to the real trough, I bought some more at 52.5c.  And again, it continued to fall.

I trusted my own judgment and logic.  The big neighbouring miner has stepped in and offered to take up its iron ore and this will offset the cost of gold production by about USD$200 per oz.

On Friday, it closed at 82.5c.  The bulk of my BDR shares were bought at 25c in 2010.  But those bought in 2011 are still just under the water surface.  Overall, I have a 70% plus paper gain over 2 years.  I am hoping that with more exploration to be done and production commencing 'some time' soon, the share price will start to move upwards again.  But of course, you can never stop idiots selling on the cheap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home