Club Mulgoa

Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Medibank

I hold no shares in Medibank; nor do I intend to.

If it makes too much profit, its clients would complain bitterly... and the paymaster (the government) will realize that it paid too much out.

In addition, I find it puzzling that about a quarter of private patients are claimed by the company to be with it, yet this is not borne out in my patient population.  It is true that in the past, a lot of patients were insured with Medibank private but the dropout has been phenomenal since privatisation.

A few months ago, Healthscope was reputed to be good for people to invest in by some idiotic stock brokers' analysis.  Yet, I can see the decline in the number of cases in the private hospital I work in.  How those dills do their research, sitting in their offices, is beyond me.  Sure enough, recently its share price plunge but the CEO thinks it is an over-reaction.

Medibank announced a good profit today but accounts for disproportional number of complaints.  Well, if I own shares in it, it is very hard to imagine how it can continue to increase its profit when membership is declining.  However, I must say that this is what I observe and it is not a scientific research.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home