Club Mulgoa

Sunday, December 17, 2017

Aussie software...

When a software stock is available for sale, and no major company is interested, it stays off the radar... and underpriced.  However, suddenly when Oracle wants it, everyone wants a piece of Australian software!

I have taken to Aussie software stocks in the last month.  I don't really understand how they work but I do know their profit (the level and the duration).   If their profits are increasing, it is difficult to ignore them!

I don't have shares in Aconex but I have bought about 5 new stocks... and they replaced energy or mining stocks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Club Mulgoa said...

In fact, there was another Aussie software company bought for just over AUD$1 billion...

When an upstart starts, it is worth nearly next to nothing... but most upstarts end up as nothing! And I am not brilliant enough to know which goes on to be a billion dollar outfit. For me, the best option is to look at established ones which had been making escalating profits over a few years. I don't even know how to dig... I rely on finance journalists or people writing about them.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home