Club Mulgoa

Friday, November 05, 2010

ARX

I find Indonesia fascinating. And being able to speak the language helps.

Yesterday, before the market opened, I was chasing ARX (upping my buy price and then upping again and then upping again and as the market was about to opened, I canceled by bid because people have gone crazy. Prior to 1000h, it had announced a new gold area based on trenching results. This is not a reliable way to assess JORC resource. However, it tells you what is potential available.

Today, I bought at 2.9c, below what I would have paid yesterday. If I want to participate in any Share Purchase Plan, I will now have to sell stocks.

Today is fantastic for me. One portfolio went up just under the ASX average (1.2%) but the other went up by 2.4%. You can say I am happy with my alpha. I have already made more than half my annual pay as an anaesthetist within the last 6 weeks from the market. The market has made money for everyone but it is extremely important to have alpha. It is not worth my time, spent on researching, to be "average". Someone bought GTE and it is now >50% after only a short time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home