Club Mulgoa

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Performance

By the law of average, most funds will rise clustered around the mean. I have my losses too but judging from my recent performance, I must be very lucky or.... very lucky. I also think doing basic research pays.

After GFC, I often wonder whether there is any point in researching. When market collapses, it does not matter what you own; everything goes down. But I now know that if you own good stocks, these recover very smartly, for e.g. GIR. And if the price of gold has not fallen, gold stocks will also recover very quickly.

Those stocks I topped up, participate in SPP/entitlement or bought new recently, have been doing so well that I am actually very uncomfortable with my performance. Too good to be true. AOH has been a loss but I topped up and that parcel has gone up >50% in less than a month. ZGM has fallen first and now over 30% in just over a month. AMX, GRY, KAR, RIA and a few more have performed very well after SPP/entitlements. I bought some other options, like EKMO, PIRO, AZXOA and it has been wow!

Today, the market fell by 0.5% thereabout or 30 over points. My smaller portfolio is up the equivalent of 12 points and the bigger portfolio is up 30 points. Now that is a good day on the market for me!

For those who want to know what are my miserable stocks are (but I am not pessimistic about them), SER, RFE, SGY, SLR, YTC, NDO, MDA, CMY and a few others, have fallen but I would prefer to top them up rather than jettison them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home