Club Mulgoa

Thursday, May 09, 2019

Tech Stocks

Overall, if it has not been tech stocks, my overall performance for our portfolios would have been poor as the banks, SYD and ASX have been either stagnant or falling.  However, I can't sell them as they still give good dividends.

I recently bought into WHK and EOS.  Up to yesterday, the total rise within one week would be equivalent to a nurse's pay for a whole year!  While it is very easy to make money on the ASX, things can change and I may have to do nurse's work for a few years to re-coop!

I have ditched some tech shares that performed poorly and recovered the loss via other tech tech stocks.  However, it has been amazing to see the likes of APT, Z1P, WHK, HUB, AD8, TNE, NWL, XRO and WTC zooming pass >20% within the last year.  Early days yet for ALU and APX which form part of the WAAAX combination.

2 Comments:

Blogger Club Mulgoa said...

The tech stocks in Oz follows the mood in NASDAQ; quite strangely.

No journalist has written an article highlighting the discrepancy between the DJIA and NASDAQ but I certainly notice the different rate of rise (and fall). This is the same within the ASX as there is no separate technology stock listing in Oz.

It is too drastic to focus only on tech stocks but it feels like the logically investment strategy for the future!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Club Mulgoa said...

Recently articles have appeared telling me how badly tech stocks are doing. Strange but I have picked the cream!

In fact, if it is not for the tech stocks, our portfolios would look terrible! WHK and EOS are two stocks that have shot up recently. While I am nurturing a big loss with CT1, recently it had a spurt as it collected a subcontract in the USA. And often with NASDAQ getting a drubbing, our tech stocks had weathered it well!

Luck or skill? I based my judgment on ASX announcements and what 'experts' write in some websites that deal with small cap stocks.

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home