Club Mulgoa

Monday, January 03, 2011

RRSO

The buy and sell price discrepancy is big because this is not a liquid stock. But this AM, it went from 6.5c to 7.3c, over 12% leap. Perhaps there has been inside information because it wasn't a tiny trade. There has been no recent news. Share price might fall even now!

This has gone up by >50% since late Nov 2010. I topped up in mid Dec 2010 when the share price fell. There is no takers among my readers for RRSO because I am the only chicken, foolish enough to part with my money into a frightfully brave stock, mining at the Horn of Africa. The geologists and engineers are the heroes.

Somalia can still be a money spinner in spite of a government lacking control and pirates terrorizing ships around that region. What a wonderful world!

4 Comments:

Blogger Shakeyone said...

Not quite right Terry. I picked up some of this one and am happy thankyou. The last 2-3 weeks have been very good for my"TT" portfolio, turning from red to pleasing 8% black. Not ready to retire yet though!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Club Mulgoa said...

Just remember to sell all or some when it hits 100%. Real profit is the best; not paper gain.

Do you know where Puntland is?

10:52 PM  
Blogger Shakeyone said...

No, but I will consider it homework to find out.

Even in my share infancy, I have figured that selling is much harder decision making than buying. Options even tougher but I know you are very keen on recovering outlay when possible and will probably follow this as sensible "bird in the hand" strategy.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Club Mulgoa said...

My wife does not like to sell some shares because of accounting difficulty in the future. I won't explain the details. She prefers me to sell the whole lot. And buy back whatever if still desirable.

She is always right, Tony. And only a sensible man would listen to her without question to remain happy.

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home