Club Mulgoa

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Scoring myself

The markets are still heading for its troughs?  You never know when it is going to occur or reverse.

Judging from recent performance, what I bought about 2-4 weeks ago have plunged further.  Luckily, I sold DRG at 38.5c to buy JIN at $1.45.  Well JIN is at $1.35 (gambling stocks remain stoic in bad times!) while DRG has plunged to 23.5c.  So I consider that a plus.

What is bad though is mining stocks like AZH, BPT, NST, AVA, KGD and MKE.  However, I expect a turnaround.  Greece, a pesky fly, cannot hold the world at ransom.  And the Communist Party in China cannot survive massive unemployment in China and it has a huge reserve.  While manufacturing is down in China, activities will be propped up by the government, sparing Australia a severe downturn.

Of the recent buys on the market, I was absolutely delighted with getting PCL (one of my bigger recent buys) at 13.5c (today 15c) and anticipated that it will be one of my best buys during this recent dip.  Hence I have dropped the bid price of FAR even lower as I don't need to hedge as much,ie,  buying 2 stocks prospecting in the same area.  Incidentally, based on MY OWN research, I bought PCL at 1.3c and 2.9c in April and September 2009.  I am not always that lucky.  Nor clever.  Cleverness is usually defined retrospectively.  Oil slicks in tenements do not always translate into oil discoveries.  An awful example was MMR.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home