Club Mulgoa

Saturday, July 06, 2019

ASX

I am referring to the stock ASX and not the market...

My father was right.  If you don't know what to invest and can't do any research or can't keep track, buy stocks that give chronic reliable dividends as it means they are profitable businesses.

Many years ago, I wanted to invest in a city apartment but pulled out when the bank valued it at way below what we offered.  To get the down payment, I needed to sell ASX shares at $28 a share.  Because the deal fell through, I kept my ASX shares and they are now over $80, with about just over 2% franked dividend.

My father never told me this.  In addition to reliable dividend, you must get those with sanctioned monopoly or near monopoly.  The big four banks, ASX and SYD belong to this group of shares but the banks have been hit hard by the recent Hayne Royal Commission while SYD has been tampered by the building of the second Sydney airport.  All these 5 are recovering with the ASX still going strong!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home