Club Mulgoa

Monday, January 03, 2011

The Peak

The peak of my investment was in Sept 2007. But while the All Ord has not recovered to that level yet, with my income and growth in my portfolio, I feel satisfied in getting my super fund up by nearly 50% (includes new contribution which has been curtailed by Uncle Wayne), my debt has dropped from $0.5 million to under $200,000 (including PAYE, Margin Lending, Credit Card debts) and my overall wealth reaching its previous high soon.

Most of this recovery is not from income but from market performance from my own portfolios, with nothing much to thank Citibank nor Goldman Sachs. Here we are thinking these people know how to make money for us if we pay them. Looks like they are the only people making money during and after GFC and they are already rewarding themselves with big bonuses. When the markets are up, they pat themselves on their backs and when the markets are down, you are really on your own.

My biggest problem at the moment is knowing when to exit the high flyers in my portfolios. This is where it is misty for everyone, with conjectures from many.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home