Club Mulgoa

Monday, January 03, 2011

AVB

All All Ords went up by less than 0.25%. Miserable by world standard.

With my stocks, one portfolio went up by 3% and another... went down by nearly 1%. The super portfolio went down because MMR re-listed after a trading halt. If you take out MMR, then the rest went up by higher than 3% so you can see how significant MMR is on my portfolio, mostly a reflection of how it has grown. I actually expected MMR to be decimated but it is still 50% over my original buy price.

Anyway, to highlight how good some of my stocks are today, look at AVB. I paid 2.1c for the ordinary share and today, it went up by 3.5c in one leap.

When stocks jump, especially over several sessions, it implies there is a takeover activity. I often wondered why Vale paid so much to gain access into its tenement when it should just take it over for LESS!

Quite a few stocks with >10% jump today in my portfolio. It is frightening when it does that... because tomorrow, it could be reversed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home